19 February 2014

A Good Morning

So, this will be quite short, but I just wanted to take the time to reflect upon all the things, big and small, which make this morning (and generally my life) pretty great.

I'm finding lately that it's so easy to get caught up in our daily obligations and stresses that we often forget how well things are going in general. 

So, without further ado and in no particular order, here are some things which make me really happy to be where I am:

  • Despite the cold and the snow which have hit Boston almost constantly for at least the past month, we have been blessed with several beautiful, sunny mornings, and I can't help but marvel at them on my walks to my 8 AM class. This morning was one of them, and "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" (from Oklahoma) almost seems made for today. 
  • Yes, I have two big exams today, had a paper due this morning, and will undoubtedly have more work to follow. But as time has gone by, I'm starting to realize that these are very small bumps in the context of my entire life. In the past, I let my work become my life, but I'm just now realizing that I've finally learned to make my work a relatively small part of my life as I think of it. 
  • I feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people this year. It's taken the past week to help me realize how much I love my friends and professors--some of whom I really consider friends--, as well as how important they are to me. Again, I've found that it's so easy to get caught up in work that one tends to forget how great it is to simply chat about anything and everything--even the most mundane aspects of life-- as a respite from the stresses of life and work. 
  • I also feel quite blessed to have such strong support from my family. It's strange, but while I was chomping at the bit to start my own life when I moved up to Boston, now that I have, I'm finding it even more important to call them frequently to catch up and stay involved in their lives. I also know I'm getting into the big leagues now because my parents' and grandparents' advice is starting to make sense, and as scary as that is, it's kind of exciting. 

  • I can't help but marvel at the fact that I'll be going to the Museum of Fine Arts to look at the Impressionist exhibit for my writing class on Saturday morning. My professor and his wife will apparently be giving us a tour of the exhibit and explaining the works. Not only is he one of my favorite professors, but it's tremendously cool to have a professor who wants to spend time and go places with his students outside of the classroom and on weekends. The best part? We're doing these trips the last weekend of every month for the remainder of the semester. 


Anyway, that's all for now. It really is a lovely day, so wherever you are, take a moment to appreciate everything that's going right--it'll make all the difference in how you view your life. 

Xx Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment