06 January 2014

Seeking Peace

So, I'm back home for the holidays and just about a week before I'll be heading back to Boston, things have finally started to return to the way they were before I left home. 

Because things have been a bit hectic, I thought I'd pop out for a bit with our dog and head over to Natirar. 

Natirar is a gorgeous, 404 acre estate-turned-park filled with beautiful bridges, fields, and greenery. The Ladd mansion still stands (it now houses a restaurant, spa, and culinary school of sorts), but the real magic lies in the property. It is one of my absolute favorite places--the sort that reminds you how small you are in comparison to the rest of the world. It's also a well-kept secret (so shhh!).

So, without further ado, Welcome to Natirar!



 We got a lot of snow this past week, so we weren't the only ones taking advantage of the park. There were a lot of families out sledding (a capital idea on their parts) and quite a few people out cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.





 
I was really pleased to finally be able to bring my camera out to shoot again--it seems I'm almost always too busy in Boston. 


   Here's our adorable Portuguese Water Dog, Sofia. While I can't promise she'll be a regular fixture on the blog, she will be making some guest appearances.



      
   
And here's the Ladd Mansion. The ca. 1912 40-room Tudor Revival was, at one point, home to the King of Morocco. I haven't made it up to the mansion yet, but I imagine the interior is just as gorgeous as the exterior!

















     Unfortunately the walk was a tedious one, as Sofia stopped every few feet and either laid down or sat on a bench. As I soon discovered, the poor thing had ice stuck in her paws!

Returning to Natirar made me realize how little I appreciated it when I lived at home full-time. 
It's an absolutely perfect place. As you've seen, it's lovely in the winter, and, in my experience, it's even lovelier in the summer. As much as I love the Public Garden, the Common, and the Esplanade, I'll miss this when I return to Boston. 




No comments:

Post a Comment